http://www.mvtoolbox.com

It's more than just an "editor".

Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Caskey, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:10 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Is there a Better Editor?

Hi all, this is my first post to the board, so a big "Hi" to you all!

I'm probably showing off my lack of knowledge here, but I hope someone
might have the knowledge I seek, so...

I have been tasked with creating reports from our UniData system using
UniQuery.  For building queries, I have been given a tool called
PARADEX.  This tool seems extremely ancient to me.  The interface is
extremely cumbersome.  To edit anything, special commands are employed
to edit my queries, one line at a time.  I'm already fairly lost in the
system, so the last thing I need is cumbersome tools to make my life
even more difficult.  I like things to be easy peasy.  :)

So, my questions are:

1. Is there a better way to run these queries?

and

2. Is there a better query editor; text-based or GUI or both?

Thank you all!

Michael T. Caskey