I have a Kodak Easyshare camera at home, which does not have that
ability :( As soon as you hook up the USB, it goes into PC mode.

This is now going to be a little project of mine for home devlopment
I'd like to run this from Linux, so using the "windows" software will
be a problem. I like the idea of just pulling the file off of the memory
card once the camera takes the picture, then rig up some sort of actuator
that can be controlled to "push" the button to take the picture.

> Put the camera on a tripod pointing down at a white desk and you just
> place the paper or document under it.
> Set the camera as a web cam and click on to capture a still image.
> This is very similar to the old hardware that banks would use to store
> documents to microfiche.

I'd like to setup some sort of "copybox" that would contain a barebones PC
as well as the camera with either a wired or wireless lan and be used as a
standalone piece of equipment.

> Jeffrey Lettau
> ERP Systems Manager
> polkaudio