-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barry Brevik
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:53 PM
To: U2-users (E-mail)
Subject: [U2] [UV] Resize error

UV version 9.6.1.3 on Windows 2000.

When I use RESIZE to resize a file, I frequently get this error:

  RESIZE: Error on POREQ.  File not resized.

I generally CLEAR.FILE the file first, having saved off the records
elsewhere, but I get the error whether I CLEAR.FILE or not. Incidentally, I
NEVER saw this error when the system was running on Solaris.

I have determined that this is NOT a permissions issue. Then I thought, well
maybe someone has the file open, but even after hours with nobody on I get
the same error.

If I reboot the machine, I can resize any file until a day or so goes by and
the error starts cropping up again.

One further factoid- if I DELETE.FILE the file, it will not do it (error)
but merrily trashes the DATA portion of the file. Then, I can not
CREATE.FILE the file either.

This has progressed to the extreme annoyance phase. Anyone know what's going
on here?

Barry Brevik