Nope, never saw it before.  But I can't create CON.XXX from Explorer or
other native Win-XP utilities either.  Apparently not a UD restriction,
but a Windows one.

Now I'm wondering about UV, too.  For backward compatibility with Pick,
UV generally transforms illegal characters in the "item id" into
something that the OS will allow as part of a filename.  I don't know
what it does with a "CON." prefix.

Does UD generally do that sort of transformation, too?  I'm guessing
not.  I'm guessing it conforms to the OS?

cds