-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caleb Ng
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 11:18 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] AIX and UniData version compatibility for using ENCRYPT()
function

We are currently running UniData 6.0.8 on AIX 5.1 on a 32-bit machine
and I'm trying to use the ENCRYPT() function for data encryption.
However, I was told that AIX 5.1 doesn't have the underlying OpenSSL
libraries for ENCRYPT() to work so I'm trying to decide on an upgrade
path.  I looked at the compatibility matrix on IBM's site, however, I
wanted to get some feedback from current UniData users.

Is there any reason not to upgrade to AIX 5.3?
What version of 32-bit UniData should I upgrade to?
Should I upgrade UniData before AIX or does it matter?
Are there any "gotchas" to watch out for when upgrading?

I'm basing my assumptions on staying with the latest versions of O/S &
UniData but I could be wrong.  If anyone has any experience and
feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA,

Caleb Ng
Systems Analyst
Sweetwater Authority