If the editor (or whatever you are using to create the files, or maybe
uv itself, if you are creating them through a BASIC program) is owned by
the "bin" group and is setgid, that would do it, I think.  I doubt that
UV is doing anything special with the group, but I could be wrong.

Incidentally, I meant to send my reply to the list, but forgot about
that "reply all" thing.  So, I'm copying the list now...