-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Victor St Clair
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:25 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] "extra" UDT.EXE's

Hello Mark

We had a situation recently that sounds similar to yours, but only on a
development machine.  Unfortunately it happened over the weekend and the
system admin rebooted the box, to get rid of the extra udt.exe
processes, before I could get in to examine the situation thoroughly. In
our case there were only 4, but they were all grabbing all the cpu they
could get, pegging it out at 100% all the time.

We're on UniData 7.1 on W2K3.

In our case, I believe the cause was terminated UniObjects connections.
A UniObjects process was calling a UniBasic program via the uniCommand
method.  The UniBasic program had a debug statement in it, which caused
the UniObjects app to hang.  It had to be terminated.

Don't know if you're using UniObjects, but maybe our experience will
give you a hint you can use.

Victor St. Clair