I don't see what this issue is.

There are many robust backup programs that can be used in various O/S
environments.

  You should only backup the system when there is no activity on the system.
Otherwise
  you will not get a clean backup.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Seems like there should be a market for a product that can do online
backups of unidata like uvbackup does for universe or the FILE-SAVE does
for pick.