We had problems with it too, when I did a BCI app - the way I found it
worked was to use VAR char for everything, on the SQL side, and it
worked!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Cooper, Rudy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 3:45 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] BCI

Hello List,

I have a problem with the bci inserting into sql server.  I'm running UV
10.1.10, W2K Sp2.

I've already ran it thru IBM and they tell me it is a problem on the sql
server side.

Here is my problem:

I have a uv program that inserts into a table in sql server via a stored
procedure.  I get the following error:

lExecute Error, state 37000 Natcode 201

Errtxt [IBM][SQLClient][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQLserver]

Procedure 'sp_insert_person' expects parameter '@homephone', which was
not supplied.

The parameter @homephone is being passed.

If I remove a few of the fields that are being passed I don't get the
error,  so it seems like there is a

limit to the number of fields that can be passed.  I put the fields that
I removed back in and reran, the error comes back.

I reran once again with all the fields and with the sql profiler turned
on (trace), and it shows all but the last two fields reaching my stored
procedure, which explains why my parameter @homephone never reached sql
server.

I'm sending 33 fields, each row of data is about 2K bytes.

Does anyone know anything about this problem and if there is a fix for
it ?

Thx,

Rudy

Rudy Cooper