Guido Sohne wrote:
I am trying to extract data from a GLOBUS application (which runs atop U2). I'm using the UniObjects for Java API to connect to the database.

When I use the right username/password, instead of connecting, it tells me that the UniVerse license has expired.

What version of UV are you on? IIRC, when we were on 9.5.1 we had to buy an additional license to make use of the unirpc service. It became included with the primary UV license at some point. I think you might still need to activate the included unirpc license separately, though, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I installed UV. Whatever the issue turns out to be, however, UOJ is a fairly common way of connecting to U2, and you shouldn't need to resort to screen scraping a telnet session.

-John
--
John Hester
System & Network Administrator