OOPS!   Sorry!  Misread the question....

At 09:52 09/06/06 +1000, you wrote:

I have been looking at Universe in PICK flavour on Windows.

Does anyone know where the output goes with setptr mode 1 and HOLD.
(I have always used mode 3)

It's available/spoolable from the Windows "printers" environment. AFAIK, it's only a "temporary" file... I'd be tempted to look in the Temp directory....

Is it accessible in basic with a file read.

where is the SPOOL - LIST job description data kept and can i access this in
basic

It seems like there is a gui front end for spooler management under unix but
not in windows
I would like to be able to come up with something that works with either if
thats possible.

jak

Regards,

Bruce Nichol