Scrap what I just said.

The <unishared>/unirpc/unirpcservices file didn't exist.  All we had in
the <unishared>/unirpc directory were two files:

unirpcd
version

I have copied unirpcservices across from another server (with identical
install pathnames) and have now successfully started the daemon.

Apologies :-<

Not sure why the file wasn't created during the install though?

Regards,

Rob Wills
(rob dot wills at tigerinfotech dot com)