This is not a bug - it is a feature that has been available for over 20 years that I know about.

A<-1> = B does not change A if B is blank. Means there are no blank items in A. Useful!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allen E. Elwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: [U2] Changed BASIC varname<1,-1>

Reviving an old thread.

I was emailing a friend about this and he came up with a unique suggestion
that is a direct replacement for the <-1> but actually works as desired.
And I've wiped out the original post, so I'm not sure who originated it.
But if you're still out there and still looking for an easier route, this
may do it for you.

I got bit by the <-1> bug today in mvBase and already had it changed to a
direct assignment when Trey sent this to me.  So if you're using mvBase,
beware the <-1> 'bug' lives there as well.  fwiw...