Barry,

I believe that all the UV platforms now return TIME() as a "99999.999"
quantity, this was made uniform across the range sometime in the 10.0
timeframe.  Then sometime during 10.1, the TIMEACCURACY configuration
parameter appeared, I'd guess because too many people complained that
they had depended on the integer nature of TIME() on their platform.

As for the ~15ms 'tick' on Windows platforms, I think it's a tiny bit
variable between 15 and 16ms.  I wrote a program to check, and it gives
these results on UV10.1.18 / Win2003SP2:-
>MIKE.SMALLEST.TICK
THE.START "31048.042"
NAP.END "31063.666"
Average elapsed time of "NAP 1" is 15.62 milliseconds
     Minimum value of "NAP 1" is 15 milliseconds
     Maximum value of "NAP 1" is 16 milliseconds
Standard Deviation of "NAP 1" is 0.000 milliseconds
TIME.END "31079.291"
Average difference of "TIME()" is 15.62 milliseconds
Minimum difference of "TIME()" is 15 milliseconds
Maximum difference of "TIME()" is 16 milliseconds
Standard Deviation of "TIME()" is 0.484 milliseconds

The results were very, very similar on UV10.0.15, but I have not tried
it on other Windows platforms

Hope this helps

Mike

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.