-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of will
Sent: 22 July 2006 20:35
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] time()

   John,
   I have an interest, completely outside of U2, in what you did with NMI
   and  would  like  to  ask some questions off-list if you would care to
   respond.
   Kind regards,
   Patrick "Will" Williams
   919 567-0042
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   John Jenkins wrote:

Errm...

You can write interrupt handlers *for* (not in) UniVerse. I've done that in
a comms. package and it worked just fine. You have to dive into C a lot and
use GCI (or CALLC on UniData).

I recall having to some work with NMI[ Non-Maskable Interrupts] and
interrupt recursion -that was challenging but that's all pretty standard for
that sort of processing.

You *could*  drive UniVerse from an interrupt-driven server process using
any of the standard data interchange handles - interrupt driven (yes) but
with a lag as the interrupt-driven process "drives" a Universe polled event.

Regards

JayJay