We've been using the Neoware linux thin clients for years.  They come
with a built-in emulator (TeemTalk) that does ADDS A2 emulation, which
we also make extensive use of.  If you're going to have to install an
emulator on a thin client, the two we've had experience with are
TeemTalk and Pericom.  You should check with HP first to check
compatibility since thin client OSes tend to be very customized.

-John