Hi Louis
>I have updated my UniVerse as suggested and I copied the C:\IBM
>directory to G: drive before (thank goodness!)
>
>Obviously I have lost my old VOC so I want to copy stuff back from
>the backup copy.
>
>Help!!!!
If I understand what you have done correctly.  If you originally installed
Universe in C:\IBM then all the VOC pointers for system commands, such as
LIST, in all universe accounts will have paths pointing to c:\ibm\uv...  If
now the Universe system directory is G:\ibm\uv then the voc in the current
accounts will be now pointing to the wrong directory.

The easiest way to recover this is to login into the g:\ibm\uv account.  Do
a setfile to the voc of the account you wish to fix. Ie
SETFILE C:\UV\ACCOUNTS\TEST\VOC VOC.TEST<<enter>>
SEARCH VOC.TEST<<enter>>
C:\ibm\uv<<enter>>
<<enter>>

ED VOC.TEST<<enter>
Replace C:\IBM with G:\ibm and save for each record.

Regards

David Jordan
Managing Consultant