Hmmm...sounds like responsibility to me.  Something like...

"We have to consider requests from many potential users being met in a
timely fashion and also that users whose requests do not get met in
this timely fashion are free to broadcast dissatisfaction to the
entire group.  This unhappiness may in turn reflect badly on IBM or
the software, when in fact is is the usergroup that the unhappiness is
broadcast toward."

Just...misplaced resentment...?  I don't see timeliness truly being a
problem, but some potential people are weird when they don't get an
answer within half an hour.