Not sure if this would work in UV or not, but in mvBase you can stick the
dict into the MD and use it for any file.  See entry *A1 below:

    *A1
001 A
002 1
003 Attr. 1
004
005
006
007
008
009 L
010 15

If that doesn't work, you could try the not very well known 'USING DICT'
phrase, like:

LIST TEMP USING DICT ALL.FIELDS F1 F2 F3

hth,
Allen E. Elwood
www.tortillafc.com
Quality Code Since 1978