In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Claus Derlien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

I will prolly continue to do fun programming on my laptop with UniVerse
PE - one of the pleasures of being on an oil rig is the schedule : 2
weeks offshore 3 weeks on shore at home :-)

That's not as cushy as it sounds though ... although I was office staff, I also started my career with a company in the oil industry ... The engineers loved it though. They worked 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, but it's a 72 hour week - 14 consecutive 12 hour days!

Some of my memories from those days are 300 baud terminals operating over the radio, print jobs going wrong spewing paper in offices hundreds of miles of sea away, etc etc. And little Prime Rabbits (2250s). Great days ... :-)

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the