-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lee Bacall /Moley
888
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 00:51
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Inhibit UV startup on AIX

Bob,
thanks - I had commented out the command in etc/inittab that refers to
uv.rc, prior to your response, but uv still started up.

After changing ownership of uv.rc (write protected -r-xr--r--),  I modified
it as you suggested, however things are still hanging on boot at the
console.

With exit 0 at the top of the uv.rc file, uv can not start.
Removing the exit 0, will again enable uv -admin -start

I am expecting an upgrade to uv 10.2.0 in the next couple of days, and will
re-install and make certain that the configuration will not auto-start uv,
as somehow it is disabling the console port.

If anyone has any other insights that might shed some light on this issue,
please respond.
I will report on what I find after installing 10.2.0

Thanks
Lee Bacall
binarystar.com
NuWiki.com - Collaborative Information Management