Paul,

Here is a document on how to configure Easysoft for UniVerse. In fact, It
was first installed for UniVerse then UniData. "Accessing ODBC Databases
from IBM UniVerse/UniData"

http://www.easysoft.com/applications/ibm-universe-unidata/odbc.html

You Can do a search on their website.

Also, Here is a "Success story" on the U2UG website. See link and story
below:
Using the EasySoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge product, we are able to establish
two-way connectivity between our Universe and Oracle databases.
http://www.u2ug.org/index.php?module=pnForum&func=viewtopic&topic=127

We have just successfully connected our Universe database with our Oracle
database using Easysoft's ODBC-ODBC Bridge.

To sum up what we have accomplished, so that we can add to your knowledge
base:

The requirement is to enable an ODBC connection between Universe and Oracle,
both of which run on Unix. Either database must be able to initiate a
transaction, i.e. Universe can connect to Oracle and Oracle can connect to
Universe.

We tried the Data Direct ODBC client for Unix to tie Universe to Oracle, but
it served only the Universe BCI call to Oracle. It did not satisfy the need
to connect to Universe from Oracle using Oracle's Heterogenous Gateway.

Since Universe does not have an ODBC client that runs on Unix, we have to
bounce the ODBC call from our Oracle database to an NT/2000 server in order
to access the Universe ODBC client.

EasySoft, in England, has a product they call an ODBC-ODBC Bridge. This is
composed of an OOB server, which in our case runs on an NT/2000 box, and an
OOB client, which can run from Windows, Unix or Linux. When an ODBC call is
issued from the database, the OOB client on the local server calls the OOB
server on the NT/2000 box, which then redirects the call to the ODBC client
running on the NT/2000 server, which then proceeds to connect to the target
database.

Using the EasySoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge product, we are able to establish
two-way connectivity between our Universe and Oracle databases.

Licensing for the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge is based on the server. You can
have as many clients as needed. They have a per server license plan, or you
can get a site license if you need to have 4 or more servers on the same
site. 8-)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Angelo Collazo
System Administrator
Silver Line Building Products Corporation
One Silver Line Drive
North Brunswick NJ, 08902
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph: 732.435.1000 X4495