-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Ferries
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:17 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Why does the IF statement think these values are
different?

HI All,

Try the ABS() function
No, this had no effect.

>Don't know if you have already checked but what is your wide zero set
to in uvconfig????? It is a hex number.
WIDE0 0x3dc00000

I have called our vendor for support on this, but their recommendation
is leave it alone, but grudgingly they will find out what it could be
set to.

>Another solution is to use string maths...look at SADD,SDIV,SMUL &
SSUB..

I tried this:
 CUSTOMCALC: 451:  PRINT INTREC:'  ':PRNREC:' # ':INTPAY:'  ':PRNPAY
:: S
24016.35  978.56 # 24016.35  978.56
 CUSTOMCALC: 452:   IF SADD(INTREC,PRNREC)# SADD(INTPAY,PRNPAY) THEN
:: S
 CUSTOMCALC: 458: IF PFLAG THEN

The above worked. I would still like to 'see' what the system thinks is
the difference when performing INTREC+PRNREC#INTPAY+PRNPAY, and why I
can't make it work with type NUMBERS instead of type STRING.

This code has been in production for 15 years, and this is the first
time I have had to look at this.

I will wait to see what the vendor says about WIDE0.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Steve