-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barry Brevik
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 6:11 PM
To: U2-users (E-mail)
Subject: [U2] [UV] Question about EQU

I inherited some code and I noticed that the programmer consistently placed
his equates outside of the program flow, in other words, the equates would
never be executed. Nevertheless, the DO get evaluated. For example:

LABEL1:
  FOR I = 1 TO 10
    PRINT 'HELLO WORLD'
  NEXT
  RETURN

EQU THIS TO THAT, YIN TO YANG

LABEL2:
  I = 1
  LOOP
    I += 1
  WHILE I LE 10 REPEAT
  RETURN

See how the EQU would never be "executed"? Since it works, I assume the
tokenizer reads the whole program and picks up the equates, but what I want
to know is, is there some reason for doing it this way, perhaps better
performance or less memory used?

Barry Brevik