Hi All,

AIX 5.3
UV 10.1.14

We have a tape drive that we cannot access. It appears to be locked and
barring a reboot, we don't know how to clear it.
At the Unix prompt:

server:/u1/dbms/TCR# tctl -f /dev/rmt1 rewind
/dev/rmt1: Resource temporarily unavailable
server:/u1/dbms/TCR#

At the uv prompt:
>ASSIGN MT1 TO MTU 0  <--- I'm stuck here

We did LIST.READU, and cleared the locks that were set against my id:

>unlock user 313 all
Clearing Record locks.
Clearing GROUP locks.
Clearing FILE locks.

There is obviously someone else who had locked the drive before I
arrived, but there are no more users listed in LIST.READU, or
PORT.STATUS that show a tape drive being used.

PORT.STATUS:
519788  t.stevef     313  /dev/pts/37     ASSIGN MT1 TO MTU 0

 Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve
Chief Cook/Bottle Washer