This appears to be a task for IBM.

--Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Barry Rogen
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:11 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UV] SPOOLER

   We are in the processing of  setting up a new system that we will be
migrating to.
   It will be running  10.2  on HPUX 11.23.

   We are planning to stop using our network print server and spool
through Unix
   directly to the IP address. Here is the challenge.

    Joe produces a quite sizable job to the printer. So, the UniVerse
spooler processes
    the job and hands it off to the Unix spooler. At this point, the job
is no longer visible
    to the UniVerse spooler.  Since 'usd'  is running with superuser
level,  the Unix print
    file gets created with the same security level.

    Joe decides to cancel the print job.  He can not execute SPOOL
-CANCEL because
    UniVerse is no longer cognizant of the file. He cant 'cancel'  the
job, because he does
    not have security level.

    Question:  How to create a print job from UniVerse, so that the Unix
print file will have
                    an ownership/security that will allow Joe to cancel
his own print job.

     Note: If you press the <cancel> button on printer, Unix seems to
say 'oh, something
              happened to the printing, let me start over and print it
again'

    Thoughts, ideas, comments, criticisms.............

Barry  Rogen
PNY Technologies, Inc.
Senior  Programmer/Analyst
(973)  515 - 9700  ext 5327

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win
glorious triumphs even though checkered by
failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live
in the gray twilight that knows neither victory
nor defeat.                t. roosevelt