Hello Andy,

There is indeed a difference between SOA and Web Services.  Web Services is
one way of implementing SOA.  It happens that it is the standards-based
approach. Sonic, WebSphere and most other products attempt to push you towards
their proprietary messaging infrastructure.  Although Sonic MQ, WebSphere MQ
and all the other MQ's out there all share the "MQ" initials, they are
non-interoperable, and not particularly portable.  Using their proprietary
infrastructure results in lock-in to their tools.

FusionWare has a number of technologies and services that  enable you to build
out a powerful set of functionality for your MultiValue system.

The FusionWare Integration Server is an ESB framework that supports both
proprietary MQ such as WebSphere MQ, but also allows you to build out a Web
Services, standards based Services Oriented Architecture.  FusionWare also
provides the Java Data Adapter which allows you to access the FusionWare
Direct Data Access Server (DAS) which supports both the JDA and allows you to
access your multivalue data from such platforms as Sun's Java Studio Creator,
Oracle JDeveloper, Microsoft .NET 1.1 or 2.0 including ASP.NET, Windows Forms,
SQL Server Reporting Services (both SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005) and
SQL Server Integration Services (SQL Server 2005).  Microsoft technologies are
accessed through our ADO.NET and Reporting Services providers.

FusionWare Server provides easy connectivity to a large number of data sources
and silos including (but not limited to):

*       Almost every MultiValue System
*       SQL Server
*       Oracle
*       DB2
*       DB2/400
*       RPG programs on iSeries

FusionWare Server's approach makes it easy to build out a true SOA, where the
service is abstracted from the underlying silos.  FusionWare was designed from
the beginning to be a great fit for mid-market companies and smaller divisions
of large enterprises, that don't have the infrastructure or skills to design,
deploy and build out a massive network project.

FusionWare Server has been certified on all of IBM's hardware platforms and
has received the Ready For Linux on eServer Mark certification.

We believe that we are well suited to provide you with a state-of-the-art
solution that leverages W3C and OASIS standards to give you the fastest, but
longest lasting return on investment with the best TCO.

We have provided a few articles to Spectrum over the last year in regards to
SOA, ESB's, middleware and Security.

I would gladly forward this to you if you would like.

We'd love a chance to talk to you about your requirements and let you know
about our products and services.

Thank you

Janet Bond

1.866.266.2326 x159[ad]