How does using upper case make a programmer primitive?

Considering that beaucoups of prior source code is in pure upper case, it
would be hard to cost justify changing the case for its own sake.

Accuterm's WED program editor allows you to assign different colors to
comments, variables, statements, labels and text. Thus, the readability of a
pure upper case system is enhanced through color.

<shameless AD>
Everyone should give WED a try. Besides the colors, it's indentable, you can
double click on a label, CALL reference or an INCLUDE and it jumps to those
code sections. All the standard Notepad MS feel. Multiple screens.
</shameless AD>

D3 has a lower case version of Data/Basic that's not interchangable with the
upper case version. IMHO, the mixed casing programming comes from other
languages like VB that doesn't allow a period as a variable character,
rather as an object-method/property separator. Zillions of MV programs are
written with CUST.NAME instead of CustName.

I continue to use pure upper case for programming and keep mixed casing for
the user screens and prompts. If that causes me to drag my knuckles, then so
be it.

My 1 cent.
Mark Johnson