Hello,

On 3/21/07, george r smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I looked at Maverick along time ago. Yes it was written in Java but unless
my memory is totatly gone the datastore was one of the open-source databases
(MySQL ??).

Currently available(For the last 5 years at least): Berkeley DB,
Linear Hash(Same as ARev, very similar u2 dynamic files), DIR/Type 19,
MySql, Postgres and U2 via Uniobjects.

I just could not grasp how his was a help - now you have not only Java to
worry about you have another database to hold your pick data.

Without writing out a treatise, the idea was prevent your data from
being trapped within an obscure data format.  Managers hate that, they
know it implies paying ever increasing maintenance on the DB itself
and greater and greater difficulty and thus expense finding staff
competent in managing it.

- Robert