Cache' is the evolution of MUMPS and now also some of the evolution of
Pick. For timing, Don Nelson designed the query language in the early
to mid 60's where the MUMPS designer worked in the mid to late 60's,
so MUMPS lags slightly behind, but both were there before Codd's paper
on relations.

By the way, if you look at the first of Don Nelson's papers that you
can get to from
http://www.tincat-group.com/mewsings/2006/02/list-of-girls.html you
will see that he uses the term relation in a 1965 paper. I thought
that was very interesting.  --dawn

--
Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.  tincat-group.com

Take and give some delight today

On 4/16/07, Norman Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Cache isn't exactly putting a new face on an old product.
> The inverse is probably the truth here.  They are putting an
> old face (PICK Basic) on a new (sort of) product, Cache.

I thought Cache was the descendant of MUMPS.  If so, it is at least as
old as Pick.