Thanks everyone.  I'm trying to answer all questions in the same email.

We have a very old system (about 20 years). It's mostly 'vanilla' pick. We've been using UniVerse for longer than I've been working with this system (4 years). I worked with MUMPS for the previous 23 years. We don't have a front end. We aren't using UniObjects. We aren't using transaction logging, but I really want to do that soon.

The sysadmin who did most of the work on the system took a new job a few months ago. We've been experiencing some problems with a Cold Fusion application and they were rebooting here and there. I think that I heard someone say they had quit rebooting, but were now recycling UniVerse instead.

We have two campuses. We have a consultant who does most of the work on the campus that's having the problems, but I got involved while he was on vacation. We've asked him to set up some audits. I suggested that he try using triggers. We haven't used them before.

We're not using transaction processing or data replication. The applications that are interfacing only pull data. We don't have any other system writing to this system.

It sounds like audits are the best solution at this time. Thanks for all of your help.

--
Pamela J Robbins             New Bolton Center
Senior Programmer Analyst    School of Veterinary Medicine