> https://www-927.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support/u2techconnect/matrix.asp

I would have never looked in the Product availability matrix for the release
notes....

It is a night-mare to run over all this notes, but I suceeded in the 10.0.17.txt

5462    An internal error caused the getSocketOptions function
        to produce unhandled exceptions on Windows platforms
        and SIGSEGVs on UNIX platforms, which caused UniVerse
        to crash. This problem has been corrected.

This was one of the changes I introduced 5 months ago and never thought that
this could
produce such an error (up to 5 Minutes 100% CPU usage in this program with
millions of
variable changes)

I am running now 4 hours without any crash.

> To be honest, I'd just upgrade or request an evaluation copy of the latest
> 10.1 or 10.2 (as suits you) and try that version.

No way: 5000 Euros and probably 5000 hours to find the newly introduced
troubles in 2500
procedures makes no sense (the application is a SB application)

Thanks for your help
--
Manfred