-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jeff Fitzgerald
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 3:14 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UV] Trap OPEN error for corrupted file

In a BASIC program that OPENs a file, if the file being OPENed is
damaged (e.g. a bad blink or a 32-bit file that has been truncated
because it tried to extend past 2 GB) the OPEN fails and the program
aborts.  As far as I can tell, this type of error isn't trappable and
doesn't take the ON ERROR or ELSE clauses; the program simply dies an
ugly death.

Anyone have any thoughts about trapping this type of error and keeping
the program alive?

Thanks!

Jeff Fitzgerald
Fitzgerald & Long, Inc.