Tony

Very true...

I think the only mainstream MV database that still requires upper case (now
that UniData has finally emerged from the dark ages to join UV, D3 and I think
QM (?)) is jBase, unless I've missed something vital there.

Which means I can now turn off the 'convert to primitive upper case' option on
my precompiler for another platform, and bring my training materials closer
still. - yipee!

Brian

MAJ wrote
> Plus, some compilers (D3 for one) complains with 'print' and wants
> 'PRINT' unless you set up some CASING parameters either in or out of
> the programs.

If you use the COMPILE verb in D3 then compilation is case insensitive.
This has been in place for about 15 years.  At least with D3 we have the
option to decide how we want to code - the DBMS doesn't enforce draconian
limitations on the developer like some other environments.