>I have a year old Sun Fire x4200 server, two Dual Core Opteron 275s,
which
>performed much better with UV and in general than my brand spankin' new
Dell
>PowerEdge 1950, with two Xeon Woodcrests (Core 2 Duo-based).  Each
machine
>has 16G RAM and similar hard drive configurations.  Both run Windows
Server
>2003 x64 Standard Edition R2 Service Pack 2 and UV 10.2.

Gabe,
I also have a couple Sun Fire x4200 servers, which outperform any Dell in
my data center.  In your description you said that you are running Windows
Server 2003 x64 Standard Edition on 16 Gigs of RAM.  I was under the
impression that Standard Edition supports only 4 Gigs, and you have to
move up to Enterprise Edition to break that barrier.  A quick online
search didn't tell me otherwise, anyone reading this know for sure?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb294403.aspx

Michael Golden
IT Manager
Unique Fabricating Inc