-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Wyatt
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 4:14 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] VMS Migration

Tom,

In AIX 5.1, tar won't work on files larger than 2 GB:
"The tar command is not enabled for files greater than 2 Gig in size due to
limitations imposed by XPG/4 and POSIX.2 standards...."
>From the AIX 5.1 Command Reference manual...

Regards,

Bob Wyatt

We are migrating to AIX 5.1 with UniData 7.1.8  We seem to be having
problems trying to tar large files within large directories.

Thanks for any help

Tom Dodds             InformCorp, LLC         "Information for Corporations"

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material not
intended for Public use.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and delete the material from any and all computers or devices.