From: Brian Leach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 July 2007 11:35
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] Universe and virtual machines

Eugene

I do all my development work on Microsoft Virtual PC (in fact going back
to when it was owned by Connectix). It is solid.

If you're using this for local copies, remember to also have some form
of source control system in place. I'd recommend SubVersion with
TortoiseSVN windows explorer integration: very simple. You can read
about this in the next issue of Spectrum.

Regards

Brian

REPOSTED FOR NON-MEMBER ADDRESS: "Eugene Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[Bounce notice: Eugene, Your recent post to our lists bounced because
either
you are not a member or because you are not signed up using the e-mail
address
which you used to post. To subscribe or resubscribe please visit
http://listserver.u2ug.org/. You aren't subscribed to U2-Community under
this
name.]

Hello,

I would like to be able to create virtual machines on a Windows server
and run
Universe and Redback on the virtual machine.  Is anyone doing this now.
Currently we are stepping each others toes as we are wanting to work on
the
same program at the same time.  My idea is to create virtual machines so
that
we can work on the copies of the same program and interface to redback.
Since
each virtual machine would be running universe as well as redback we
should be
able to get more work done since this is our major bottleneck.

I am interested in hearing of any experiences with this method.

Thanks

Eugene