-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hennessey, Mark
F.
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 12:29 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UV - Available memory exceeded [not-secure]

My apologies for my previous attempt.

-------

UV 10.0.8, Solaris 8...

On Thursday and Friday night we've had our system grind to a halt with
'Available memory exceeded' messages...  At first blush I would think I
should have to increase max shared memory (shminfo_shmmax for Solaris),
but I've got a fairly large value all ready (536870912, or 512mb).

I am seeing errors in /var/adm/messages that coincide with the failures.
However they warn of swap space deficiencies...  for example:

Jul 12 22:43:55 ccses genunix: [ID 470503 kern.warning] WARNING: Sorry,
no swap
space to grow stack for pid 22440 (uvsh)

Jul 12 22:43:55 ccses last message repeated 9 times

I found the &PH& entry for a job that had the above PID. The job up and
died with out giving any error messages. The job is not new, and had
been running every night without incident.

I plan on having our normal nightly processing run tonight, with the
exception of the one suspect job.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Mark Hennessey
State of Connecticut