-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Brian Leach
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:28 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] MultiValue TextBook

So Bill

> Just... write the book in say Word, and zap it into Adobe.
> There is a (Xerox ?) commercial on TV about publishing a book this way.
> There is a (Nike) commercial on TV about... "Just Do It".

Since it's so easy, we'll await your publication...

personally I find it takes me weeks to write a single article, knowledge
base entry or such.

In fact, I've just spent weeks putting together a guide to writing your
first U2 application for the learner pack (being reviewed right now). that's
only 80 pages or so, and just scratches the surface. U2 technology is so
wide-ranging, it's a huge ask to write something that really captures it. Or
you end up with something miserable like the Microsoft learner guides.

The reality is that these things take a huge amount of time, effort and
money. Which is unlikely to be rewarded. How many on this list have even
offered to write anything for the knowledge base?

Not many.

Brian

--Bill