-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Craig Bennett
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:38 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Socket API problem

Hi Nick,

I don't have an answer to your licensing problem, but have you
considered running your listener from inetd or a similar superserver?

In this setup your inetd daemon (or service on windows) listens on your
known port, when a request comes in the superserver starts a UV process
to handle the incoming request (received on stdin so get the data with
INPUT or GETS) send your response using print.

This is slightly slower per request than prestarting all your phantoms
but you only use as many licences as your peak load and if you have one
of the more advanced inetd versions you can limit the maximum number of
simultaneous requests (other requests will be queued by inetd).

I have implemented a HTTP server using this setup and other than the uv
licensing cost it works well.

regards,

Craig

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.