I agree, Jeff.  That is my point with the suggestion that we eliminate
u2-community and permit discussions like this one, even if not of
interest to all.  Let's move back/forward to a list where we permit
discussions on all related topics and let people filter it themselves.

Does anyone else agree with that or is this u2-community as a way to
kill discussions and moderators needing to jump in too often due to
all the rules (the moderators are just doing their jobs as defined),
the way we want to run it?  If I hear only silence, I will figure that
I am in the minority with this opinion.  Cheers!  --dawn

On 9/6/07, Moderator <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> REPOSTED FOR NON-MEMBER ADDRESS: "Support Mailbox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Bounce Notice: If you read this list through Indexfocus, Nabble, or any other
> replicator - and you would like to be able to participate - sign up directly
> with us. Here's all you need to know: To subscribe or
> resubscribe please visit http://listserver.u2ug.org/.
>

> Clif, well said!  As always you are able to illuminate a murky topic with the
> light of reason.  Thanks!
>
> I appreciate the time and effort that the past and present list moderators
> have contributed to making the list such a valuable tool.
> BIG THANKS!
>
> As a consumer I find myself feeling offended by the [AD] [\AD] tagging stuff.
>  It's as though I'm too stupid to recognize the nature of a post unless it's
> tagged for me.  Should we also require posters to use tags to separate their
> opinions from proven fact - [OPINION] [\OPINION].  Or possibly [JOKE] [\JOKE]
> to alert readers to humor in posts?
>
> I think the list needs some clear rules -- for instance, "no porn" seems like
> a good one and easily to apply.  Over and above a few clear rules, I say let
> the list members post what they want to!  I know where the Delete key is.
>
> Jeff Fitzgerald
> Fitzgerald & Long, Inc.

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.