I am *not *in favor of an unmoderated list.  I am a member of CDP and
it is not uncommon for "religious" wars and off-topic threads to run for
days. I tend to ignore the list when this happens thereby losing the benefit
of the excellent help to be had.

Ron White

Moderator wrote:
All,
It is no secret that I vehemently disagree with making this an unmoderated list. So I'm going to take a poll. Everyone who is looking forward to no moderator intervention during the next GOTO war or Single Letter Variable war or next Monty Python Quote jamboree, please sound off your approval. All those who want to see personal attacks unsanctioned, sing out. And please take a moment to vote for obscene and inappropriate comments as well.

Those who think the mods *should* step in on those sort of things, kindly explain exactly what rules want and don't want. Because the 'freedom now' posts are not well thought out.

Digest users, for example, can't filter out posts. People who have quotas on their e-mail boxes really don't want important messages bouncing because two people decide to chat on the list about the nuances of implementing a rock-paper-scissors design strategy on various MV platforms. Some people are stuck with low speed connections.

The reason U2-Community is under used is because the vast majority of people on this list aren't very interested in that sort of endless naval gazing. Bear in mind, I generally don't END OF THREAD anything immediately. I shut it down when the value vs. volume becomes reduced. If it is running too long, but still of interest, I send it to U2-Community. If asking you to change the address on the send line is enough to completely kill a topic, you weren't very invested in it, were you?

    If this sounds angry, you have read it correctly.

This is now a U2UG board issue and will be discussed at the Wednesday meeting. I suggest you put your opinions out in the open, on U2-Community -as that is where it belongs under the CURRENT rules, before then.

    - Charles Barouch, Moderator