Noah,

We upgraded from Solaris 7 (or maybe it was 8) to 9 last September.
For us, we did a Unidata upgrade from 6.x to 7.1 as well in addition
to enabling RFS. If that's not doing a lot during the Labor Day
weekend I don't know what is. ;) Once the OS was built, we installed a
fresh instance of UD 7.1 & configured for RFS accordingly. The
migration of our data & custom program accounts was quite simple. We
really just had to deport & import the SAN disk from the old machine
to the new. Then, we ran a batch compile program that is driven by a
COMPILE.LIST file we loaded so that our custom programs that were
previously compiled were compiled into the new UD 7.1 instance. Oh,
and don't forget about running 'updatevoc' on the old program & data
accounts so the VOC is updated for the new version.

Feel free if you wish to contact me off list for further info.

Hope this helps,
Andy