Make sure you are logged in as Administrator.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Murray
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:53 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Universe PE - Fail to install

Sara,

Hi.

I have had a similar problem when the security of the user has been
restricted. It was a 'standard' user with weird policy changes to limit
disk/directory changes and some application installs.

There are also two IBM support issues dated 2004/07/22 regarding something
similar with Windows NT/2000:

<quote>

During a UniVerse install on Windows NT/2000 at about 80% completion, the
install may abort with the message: "Could not load universe.dll
c:\ibm\uv\bin\universe.dll. Unhandled exception 0x80040702 description,
failed to load dll:universe - setup will now terminate."

</quote>

If someone in the list has complete access to the IBM support could add
further details...

Have you thought of using a virtual os/application install on the desktop?
It can be tidier and easier to manage, in particular by setting up a
standard Universe install/setup, including any applications for learning on.

Cheers,

David Murray

.learn and do
.excel and share