Jim,

You have two choices:

First you can pass in @RECORD<xx> where xx is the attribute number you want
to work on.

The other way is to not pass anything at all.  The Global UV variables
@RECORD and @MV are available in your program too.  You could reference
them directly. Of course this would make your routine less flexible if that
is a consideration here.

In either case remember that in UV you are dealing with the entire
Multivalued field not just one value mark position.  If your intent is to
create data that is a correlated multivalue also then you must pass back a
multi-valued field not a single value.

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.454.8392
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"

- Montgomery Scott NCC-1701

             "Jim Koca"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             t>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [U2] [UV] I descriptor help
             10/02/2007 03:11
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                er.u2ug.org

I need to call a basic subroutine to process a field. The field in the
record is a multivalued field. How do I pass that field to the called
subroutine ?

The field is PARTNO which is defined as a MV field. I want to call a
subroutine such as SUBR('ZGET.PCODE',@RECORD,@MV). I have them associated
in
the same PH record.

Jim Koca