Glad to hear they now have a web services interface; I tried to work with them to wrap their API with a Java web service a few years ago, but the Java API relied on JNI/native code that had a 60 second delay during initialization. Obviously something was timing out, but "it worked for them" so they stopped responding to my emails. I didn't consider it the best solution for our situation anyway, and the project was (permanently) set aside. PC Miler is still running as part of our operations, but as part of a turnkey solution (it just calculates overall mileage for TruckMaster). One of the features that made it less relevant was that it mostly operated at the city level instead of optimizing routes within a city. I see they now have a Streets version; I will keep this in mind, as that and the web services combined could make it worthwhile to us if this becomes a priority again.

Regards,
David Beahm

Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:52:33 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] PC Miler Web Services Interface

Does anyone on this list have any experience building an interface from Universe Basic (Windows - Ver 10.1.3) to PC Miler's new web services solution?

If so, did you find performance to be satisfactory and could you provide us some direction in the programming/implementation?

Lee Messenger
Sr VP Operations
DLT Transportation Services, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]