On 10/9/07, Don P. Nagai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Just wondering what methods would be suggested for populating Excel
> templates (invoices, work orders, etc.) with data from UniVerse.  We ve run
> into problems with the newer HP printers no longer supporting PCL commands
> and are looking for alternative forms printing options.

I've exported text files that populate a template with a manually-run
macro.  That works pretty well as long as the user is willing to run
the macro and as long as she doesn't upgrade Office!

I've exported spreadsheets using perl scripts and the writeexcel modules.

I've exported PDF using perl and the PDF API.  I highly recommend this
as my users can print the PDF, throw it away, forward it to a
supplier, etc.