-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Butera
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 8:02 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] U2 Silliness from a vendor

We've been having performance problems as of late which have been tracked
down
to disk IO.  When I was talking with our hardware vendor, he had one of his
Sun techs with him where we had the following exchange:

Sun tech: Because of the inherent difference of random and sequential you
want
to ensure your archive/redo logs are on a different mount then your database
files.

Me: Oh - we're not on Oracle.

Sun tech: Whatever the database, you've got archive/redo logs.

If we're not using RFS, can someone confirm that Unidata really doesn't have
archive/redo logs - or am I just clueless.  I've been wrong before...

--
Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Administrative Systems

"That's why you have two ears and one mouth -
   use them accordingly." Mike Golic

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material not
intended for Public use.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and delete the material from any and all computers or devices.