I heard a rumour of a bug in the RedBack "Designer" client tool & need
advice.
The rumour is that some updates to WinXP SP2 might break Designer.  The
break may have workarounds or can be complete.

We're at 4.2.3 & debating whether to make
  a big jump to WebDe4.4.0 (Redback has been renamed WebDe @ 4.4)
or
  a slight upgrade to 4.2.6.

One or the other is necessary to accommodate a hardware change from HP
Risc to HP Itanium.

Questions:

1. Have you seen this bug?   When?

2. At which releases of RB is this problematic?  If 4.2.3, then
theoretically we are already vulnerable.

3. What do you think of 4.4.0 & the Eclipse/Java replacement for
Developer?

4. Is anyone out there using 4.4.0 at all ??

I am cross-posting this to u2-users & rbsolutions.  I don't see traffic
on rbsolutions.  I don't know how many subscribe to it.

Thanks,