Dave,

We run our 250-user UniVerse system (10.1.x at the moment) on Windows
2003 Server.
We have 2 x quad-core Xeon E5345 2.33GHz/1333FSB and 3GB RAM (no point
in more on 32-bit O/S like Windows, Windows-64 could use more). So we
have eight actual CPU cores, and it shows as 8 CPUs in Windows Task
Manager.

Yes, multiple Telnet, phantom and uvcs (UniObjects) processes do
'spread' themselves across the available CPUs. This is completely
automatic and it 'just happens'.
An individual job is a single process (BUILD.INDEX and some sorts
excepted) and will run on a single CPU core.
To get a single job to run across multiple processors, you would have to
re-architect it as a controlling process splitting up the data and
somehow allocating it to a number (# CPUs - 2?) of phantom processes to
run in parallel. I know of an ISV who looked seriously at this, but
decided they didn't need to bother, the Moore's Law 'free lunch' solved
their throughput issues! :-)

Happy New Year

Mike

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.